Location – Highlands
An estate in the Highlands is looking to renovate, improve and manage the Estate in a way that is in keeping with traditional and local values.
The Estate encompasses a number of properties and some significant refurbishment, redevelopment and development opportunities. Major projects include: the complete refurbishment of the main house; the conversation of a disused complex of cottages and outbuildings to accommodation, retail/leisure premises; and a 12 bed new build that is at concept stage. Beyond these specific and sizeable projects, there are multiple smaller schemes focusing on individual dwellings around the Estate. In addition, there are potentially some major, mid to longer term development opportunities on the Estate for more scalable housebuilding.
Considering the number and scale of projects on the Estate, the Directors have realised the need for an onsite Project Manager to ensure delivery of agreed schemes to budget, time and specifications.
The successful candidate would be required to do the following:
- Take full responsibility for construction projects throughout the Estate.
- Demonstrate awareness and sensitivity towards all areas of the Estate and broader local community.
- Be commercial, financially astute and ‘street wise’ to ensure projects are run to cost.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and all contractors and third parties involved.
- Offer high level strategic thinking at project level; yet ‘hands on’ at a micro level, when required.
This ‘client side’ Project Manager role offers the right candidate something different. Whilst there is obviously the priority of identifying and delivering on predominantly residential projects; there is also the importance of engaging with the community and ensuring schemes are befitting (in both style and the way in which they are managed) the ethos and values of the Estate.
We are looking to interview those with the following:
- Recognised qualification in construction and form of health & safety training.
- Proven experience of leading development, redevelopment and refurbishment of high specification, ‘turnkey’, residential projects.
- A genuine appreciation for sympathetic ‘place making’ and the context of the broader community.
- A high level of diplomacy, tact and emotional intelligence.
- Track record of developing strong and effective relationships with consultants and contractors.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th November.
To apply please click here.