The number of jobs lost following the collapse of construction giant Carillion has now reached 930 after the Official Receiver announced today that 101 more workers have been made redundant.

The body in charge of liquidating the construction and outsourcing group said it had saved 2,250 jobs following the company’s liquidation last month as work continues to review the firm’s contracts.

The announcement comes after 452 posts were made redundant on Monday and 377 jobs were lost last Friday.

The new job losses are among those directly employed by Carillion on public and private contracts across the country.

A spokesman for the Official Receiver said: “We have continued to review Carillion’s contracts, as well as core divisions of the business, and I can confirm that we have safeguarded a further 1,221 jobs.

“These roles are connected to the delivery of both public and private contracts and cover services for a city council, as well as a range of facilities management services. This means so far, we have been able to save more than 2,000 jobs.

“Regrettably, we are also announcing that 101 roles have been made redundant. These are a mix of back-office functions and engineering support roles that new suppliers no longer require.

“We continue to engage with staff, elected employee representatives and unions throughout.

“Those who have lost their jobs will be able to find support through Jobcentre Plus’s Rapid Response Service and are also entitled to make a claim for statutory redundancy payments.”