Project Manager (35 hours) Permanent £39,515 - £42,732
We are seeking an experienced and proactive Project Manager to join our Investment Team.
The team are responsible for delivery of complex Major Repair programmes throughout our
4,500 housing stock with an annual budget of £6M.
Working in our busy team you will support the Investment Manager to successfully deliver our substantial capital investment programmes, including component replacement programmes and works to improve the energy efficiency of our housing stock.
- be passionate about the work we do at Queens Cross.
- have the ability to manage programmes, numerous projects from procurement to completion of defects and meet deadlines within a fast-moving environment.
- be an effective, highly motivated construction professional with excellent project management skills, be able to lead contractors successfully and have a track record of delivering substantial construction related projects within time and budget.
- have excellent communication skills and a strong track record of driving continuous improvement.
- have knowledge of risk management, CDM regulations, and health and safety responsibilities of social landlords.
- have knowledge or experience of social housing (preferably in the delivery of major repairs).
- Provide 40 days leave per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- Offer flexible pension options (CARE 1/120th Defined Benefit or 4% Defined Contribution)
- Promote regular learning and development opportunities, and sponsorship of further education opportunities
- Pay professional membership fees required for the post
- Recognise and our employees’ significant contributions through our recognition framework
- Promote a culture of health and wellbeing, and provide practical assistance to our employees (including free health checks, employee assistance programme and employee contribution health plan).
How to apply:
Visit our website to download an application form and return to us no later than 22 October 2021
Late applications will not be accepted. Only fully completed applications will be considered and any additional documents will be removed prior to shortlisting (including CVs).
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief. While we have no policy of treating more favourably candidates sharing any particular protected characteristic, we are particularly interested to hear from suitably qualified applicants with a black or minority ethnic background as this group is under-represented in our staff team.
The Association operates a Job Interview Guarantee Scheme, which means that if you have a disability, and meet the minimum criteria outlined within the Job Description, you will be guaranteed an interview.
To support our LGBTI colleagues and to create an inclusive environment we have signed up to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion. Working with Stonewall Scotland, we ensure that all our policies, procedures and staff benefits align with best practice for sexual orientation, gender identity, equality, diversity and inclusion.