Technical & Skills Manager
Full time (34.5 hours per week) – Part-time (pro-rata)
Purpose of Role:
To provide technical support and engagement to SNIPEF, its members and stakeholders. To carry out auditing and inspection of plumbing businesses operating on SNIPEF schemes. This role will require you to operate in an ‘on-site’ format which will require you to travel around Scotland and Northern Ireland on a regular basis. You must be able to plan and carry out schedules of work in an efficient manner. You will continually promote SNIPEF values of Quality, Professionalism and Standards to SNIPEF members, stakeholders, and the public. This position may be considered as a part-time role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake technical inspections and audit work of members of the schemes operated by SNIPEF
- To report on the delivery of the audit programme on a regular basis
- To provide technical support to SNIPEF staff, SNIPEF members and other individuals and organisations
- Contribution of technical material for SNIPEF publications on a regular basis
- Represent the technical interests of SNIPEF members
- Support training delivery to SNIPEF members when required
- Input to technical committees and working groups
- Development and promotion of schemes operated by SNIPEF
- Presenting to members and stakeholders
- Representing SNIPEF at external bodies and committees
- To attend regular internal meetings
- Co-ordinate and undertake a programme of technical inspection and audit work throughout Scotland and Northern Ireland to meet the required targets.
- Record and monitor non-compliance discovered during inspections and monitor rectification works
- Provide technical advice to members on a range of issues including plumbing, heating, micro-renewables, building standards, gas safety, water byelaws/regulations, health and safety.
- Keep abreast of current Standards, Regulations and technical changes impacting the industry
- Monitor industry communications to keep up to speed with activities of industry specialists
- Carry out training and continual professional development to ensure your industry knowledge is current
- Participate in committees and working groups, with representatives from within and outside SNIPEF, to formulate technical policies
- Represent SNIPEF at external bodies and committees
- Make presentations to members and stakeholders
- To support training delivery to SNIPEF members when required
- Identify training needs of members
- To attend training for professional development when required
- Ongoing review, development and promotion of schemes operated by SNIPEF including; Approved Certifier of Construction, Plumbing Industry Licensing Scheme, WaterSafe Scheme, Legionella Risk Assessment Scheme
- Identify, develop, and promote other commercial activities
- Contribute and support the Customer Complaints process
- Attend internal and external meetings associated with Schemes operated by SNIPEF
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of ongoing cases and actions taken
- Maintain a record of inspections undertaken, any non-compliances and any actions taken as a result
- Adhere to the GDPR policies of the organisation
- All activities to be carried out in a cost-effective manner to maximise resource
- To achieve targets set on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis
- Contribute and operate within the agreed business plan and budget to ensure targets are met
- Contribute to the Business Plan and attend regular departmental progress meetings to review activity against targets on a weekly basis
- Marketing the schemes to SNIPEF members and non-members, stakeholders and the public
- Work with the Communications team to develop technical materials and updates
- Offer ideas for improvement or change in all operational issues to promote the interests of SNIPEF and its members
- Professionally and positively represent the organisation at all times
- Communicate with colleagues effectively to achieve the aims and objectives of SNIPEF
- Undertake any other duties and reasonable requests that are in keeping with the nature of this post
- Undertake training, as necessary, for the needs of your department and the needs of the business
- Take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of other members of staff who may be affected by your acts at work
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Salary and benefits:
- £25000 - £28000 DOE
- Working Hours: 34.5hrs/week.
- Working week: Monday – Thursday 9-5pm, Friday 9-4.30pm.
- Holiday: 24 Annual Leave + 9 Public Holidays.
- Group Life Cover: 3x Salary.
- Pension provision: Employee 3.75% Employer 7.5%.
Those who wish to apply should contact Martyn Raine via firstname.lastname@example.org or 077691