Job Title: Senior Technical Services Officer
Application Closing Date: 10 October 2022
Hours: 36 per week
Location: Glenrothes (Hybrid Working)
Salary: £37,650 - £43,023 per annum
Kingdom Housing Association (KHA) is the parent organisation within the Kingdom Group and is one of the leading providers of affordable housing in East Central Scotland.
Our Asset Management department is responsible for ensuring that the Kingdom Group properties across Fife, Perth & Kinross, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire are well maintained through our reactive repair service as well as our planned and cyclical maintenance programmes. We have a large programme of works during 2022 with over 200 kitchen replacements, window and door replacements to over 120 properties, bathroom replacements to nearly 400 properties as well as a number of other projects.
We live by our CARES values of Customer, Accountable, Respect, Efficient and Supportive. In addition to the core services, related to providing, managing and maintaining affordable housing.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Officer to deliver and manage the Association’s planned maintenance, cyclical repairs, servicing and improvement programmes and the monitoring of these along with work of the in-house maintenance service.
You will be part of a small team delivering an efficient and high quality service to our customers.
For the full job profile and person specification click here. For the conditions of employment click here.
You will be educated to HND level or above or have the relevant experience.
You must have a strong understanding and knowledge of procurement, contract management and be conversant with the safety related requirements of social housing such as gas, electrical safety legionella & Asbestos management both Collaborative working is essential and some previous management experience would be desired.
You will have excellent communication skills, proficient IT skills, and be comfortable working independently in an evolving and fast paced environment.
You will need to have a driving licence and access to a car for business use. You will be eligible to use our car loan scheme.
You will be required to complete a satisfactory Standard Police Act Disclosure Scotland check.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- A contributory pension scheme (employer contribution of 10%) and option to join the salary exchange pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 37 days (33 days plus 4 days public holidays). After 5 years continuous service, you’ll receive an additional 2 days annual leave and a further 2 days after 10 years.
- Access to our low-interest car loan scheme.
- Access to our Kingdom Academy offering a range of learning and development opportunities.
- Enhanced family friendly (enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave) and sick pay entitlements (up to 6 months full pay).
- Access to our employee assistance programme providing a free information service and an employee counselling service.
- Access to our Employee Benefit Platform providing a large range of discounts across UK retailers, our Cycle to Work scheme, travel and leisure staff benefits enabling you to spread the cost of holidays and wellbeing support. Discounted gym membership.
- A variety of flexible and hybrid working arrangements such as flexible working hours, compressed hours, remote working including flexibility around where work is carried out.
How to Apply
You can apply online by visiting our website and click on the Kingdom Housing Association Vacancies link.
Kingdom is committed to contributing towards the eradication of homelessness. As part of that, we particularly welcome applications from people who are currently registered homeless or have been in the last 12 months. We will guarantee shortlisting to any applicant who meets that criteria and the essential criteria for the vacancy. If we offer you the role and you are homeless at that point, we will also offer you a tenancy in one of our properties as part of the Naumann Initiative. If you wish your application to be considered under the scheme, please state this under “Supporting information” on your application form.
Scottish Charity No: SC000874