Funding for community regeneration projects in Wester Ross, Strathpeffer and Lochalsh
Members of the Highland Council’s Wester Ross, Strathpeffer and Lochalsh Committee have approved £266,675 worth of funding bids aimed at supporting the economic regeneration and sustainable development of communities across Ward 5.
Communities were invited to apply for Community Regeneration Funding, an umbrella term for accessible funding streams which comprise of the Highland Coastal Communities Fund and the Place Based Investment Programme.
Area committees are awarded devolved allocations according to approved formulae and decision making on which projects should receive funding sits with elected Members.
Following discussions held yesterday (Monday 20 February) as part of the Area Committee, the successful applicants were announced and are as follows:
- Lochbroom Community Council – Quay Street Community Park £25,000
- Aultbea Community Centre & Football Field – Aultbea Hall Revival (Phase 2) £50,595
- Balmacara Community Trust – Restoration of Balmacara Old Mill Hall £61,760
- Strathpeffer Residents Association – Construction of Strathpeffer Community Park £96,877
- Lochbroom Sailing Club – Youth Sailing £8,033
- GALE Action Forum – Community Connections £8,409
- Scoraig Community Centre Group – Community Centre Roof Repairs £5,000
- Plockton & District Community Trust – Buyout and development of the Old Post Office £11,000
Full details on each project are available from the committee report here.
Chair of the Committee, Councillor Biz Campbell, said: “We are delighted to be able to confirm funding support for these very worthy local projects, many of which are being taken forward by voluntary groups.
“My fellow councillors and I wish everyone involved all the best as the hard work starts and they move forward with their plans. I would also like to thank our staff who have done a lot of hard work in a short timescale to bring these projects forward.”