Organisers hail excellent response to the Scottish Plant Operator Challenge
Organisers of The Scottish Plant Operator Challenge, Scottish Plant Owners Association (SPOA) and sponsors Morris Leslie Plant Hire, Blackwood Plant Hire, Balgownie, JCB and Kubota, are delighted with the response of plant operators across Scotland signing up for the competition which takes place at Errol Airfield on Saturday 22nd July.
Any further budding competitors have until 5pm on 20th July to enter.
Competitors will complete six challenges to test skill, speed, safety, adaptability, approach, flair and general operator basics:
- Mini Excavator – Sponsored by Kubota, this challenge will test the operator’s attention to detail, skill and speed.
- Mini Excavator - Sponsored by Balgownie, this challenge will test the operator’s approach and push them to think ahead.
- Backhoe Loader – Sponsored by JCB, operators will use both ends of the iconic 3CX to navigate a challenging course, the right approach will pay dividends.
- 14t Excavator – Sponsored by Blackwood Plant Hire, operator’s patience and skill will be tested to the limit.
- 20t Excavator – Sponsored by Morris Leslie, operators will be challenged to make the grade!
- Loading the Truck – Sponsored by Tenstar, operators will be challenged to load a truck with material safely and evenly distributed in as fast a time as possible.
Judging will be done by an expert panel including experienced plant trainers from the CITB’s National Construction College at Bircham Newton.
In addition to being crowned best plant operator in Scotland, cash prizes will be awarded to those who place first, second and third in the competition.
Entry is online.