Scotland’s first drive-thru pharmacy planned for Westhill
A pharmacy chain has unveiled plans for Scotland’s first drive-thru pharmacy in an Aberdeenshire community.
Porter Pharmacy hopes to build on a site on the edge of Westhill, offering 24-hour access for local patients.
The proposed new pharmacy will be fully accessible and will have:
- Two consultation rooms, one of which will be a full specification NHS treatment room, available for use by fellow health care professionals
- Drive Thru Pharmacy for patient convenience
- 12 parking spaces including some with electric charging points
- 24-hour prescription collection service using a secure automated prescription collection kiosk
- Robotic dispensing ensuring accurate and efficient dispensing times for prescriptions
- If medication is not in stock, the pharmacy will home-deliver when available to avoid a wasted journey
- Extended opening hours for patient convenience
- The pharmacy will aim to work closely with the local Health and Social Care Partnership to provide the fullest levels of integrated patient care.
The new facility is the subject of an NHS Grampian consultation that runs until October 26.