Views sought on Old Dalmarnock Road woodland revamp
Clyde Gateway is hoping to undertake improvements to the existing area of open space and woodland between Old Dalmarnock Road, Dunn Street and Finnart Street.
The aim is to create a high-quality open space for public enjoyment with the Bridgeton Community Learning Campus (BCLC) at its heart.
Initial proposals drawn up following some preliminary consultation undertaken through discussions with local partner groups include:
- Clearance of rubbish and fly tipped debris.
- Thinning out and opening up the existing woodland, forming new pathways and openings with good lines of visibility.
- Introducing a junior bike circuit.
- Creating a community growing space close to the BCLC.
- Forming a new path and opening to the existing play area off Dale Street.
- Introducing some informal natural play elements into the existing open space.
- Improving the existing pathways.
- Introducing new fencing, gateways and seating at different points.
- Planting with native ground flora species to improve biodiversity throughout.
Following this initial consultation, a further series of local consultation and engagement events will take place over the summer to help shape and develop the final design.
Clyde Gateway is working closely with Glasgow City Council, as landowner, to develop this project.
Subject to planning approval and funding availability we hope to start work on site early in 2022 with a view to having the work completed by summer 2022. The proposals outlined above have been very positively received so far, but before the design is developed further, Clyde Gateway is keen to obtain views and ideas on the project from the local community.