Cala launches programme of community support in Aberdour
Cala Homes (East) has unveiled a suite of community support initiatives for the Aberdour area in Fife, as part of its major new Community Pledge programme.
The Community Pledge sees bespoke programmes of activity created for each Cala development, designed in collaboration with the communities they support to ensure specific local needs are addressed, bringing measurable, meaningful benefit.
Inchcolm Green, Aberdour is the first Community Pledge for Cala in the East of Scotland, and includes:
- A donation of £1,000 made to Aberdour Golf Club for a community garden.
- Annual donations (totalling £1,500 across 2022 – 24) towards Aberdour Christmas Lights and Trees to add some festive sparkle to the area.
- The Cala team volunteering with the Scottish SPCA to provide educational wildlife talks and litter pick at Silver Sands beach.
- Showhome of Support, where local businesses such as Coastal Reflections, Macauley’s, Cassia Salvona Floral Design and Post & Pantry, are given a platform within Cala’s Inchcolm Green, Aberdour showhome.
- Land to Life, a new schools’ initiative designed to bring the housebuilding industry and community creation to life for pupils.
- Stay Safe, Stay Away, which aims to educate young children about the dangers of playing on building sites.
The Pledge has been developed by teams on the ground, informed by direct dialogue with community groups and goes above and beyond any planning obligations.
Phillip Hogg, sales and marketing director for Cala Homes (East), said: “We’re proud to have launched our first ever Community Pledge at Inchcolm Green, Aberdour and have loved getting to know the local people and organisations who have been involved so far.
“Collaborating with communities on initiatives that will really make a difference to them helps us to forge even stronger connections to the areas in which we are building homes, something we really value.
“We’ll continue to provide updates on the fantastic programme of support we have planned for Aberdour, and look forward to rolling out more Pledges across the East of Scotland this year.”
As the business’ biggest focus on communities to date, Cala’s ambition is that a Community Pledge will be established for every new Cala development over the next two years.