Lighthouse Club offers free mental health training initiatives
The Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity has unveiled new initiatives to coincide with Mental Health Awareness Week and to remind everyone in construction about all of the freely available resources it offers.
The charity is launching three new masterclasses to complement the huge variety of free wellbeing masterclasses already available to anyone in construction.
- Crossing the line - Bullying vs Banter: Looks at what is meant by banter and when does it go too far and become bullying.
- Taking Control -Drugs & Alcohol: The importance of why and how organisations carry out regular testing on their employees and the physical and mental effects of drugs and alcohol.
- Promoting Happiness: Introduces happiness habits and provides an understanding of how to develop your attitude and improve your mindset.
The charity has also launched its Road to Wellbeing package as part of its Company Supporters programme. As from May 1, all Company Supporters will be able to access as many scheduled online mental health courses as they wish, completely free of charge. This even includes MHFA England approved Mental Health First Aider Courses.
Free Mental Health Training
- MHFA England Mental Health Awareness ½ day
- MHFA England First Aid Course 2 day
- Managing Mental Health in the Workplace – 1 day CPD accredited
Company Supporters will now also have access to additional support including, a dedicated resources hub, wellbeing champion training and critical incident response.
Bill Hill, CEO of the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity, said: “There’s always a huge focus of activity around Mental Health Awareness Week which is fantastic, but with two construction workers taking their own life every single working day, we need to do more. We understand that for many companies, creating and delivering initiatives to improve workforce wellbeing can be difficult, time consuming and costly, so we want to make things as simple as possible.
“Our Road to Wellbeing package underpins our commitment to ensure that everyone has easy access to a variety of pro-active resources to support every level of an organisation, from site operatives through to senior management.”