New engineering services alliance to champion change
A major new industry alliance will be launched next month for the UK’s engineering services sector.
The eight-strong alliance will be an agent for positive change and support the delivery of a safer, more productive and sustainable UK built environment.
Bringing together eight trade, technology, research and professional bodies within the engineering services sector, the new alliance will lead the sector’s response to the Building Safety agenda and post-COVID Green Recovery, providing direction and championing the wider industry culture changes needed for their successful delivery.
The organisations bring a broad range of technical, practical and commercial expertise to focus on four strategically important themes – skills, building safety, carbon reduction and commercial issues in 2021.
The newly formed alliance consists of:
- The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA)
- The Building Services Research and Industry Association (BSRIA)
- The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- ECA - Electrical and Engineering Services
- The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA)
- The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA)
- SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland
- The Scottish and NI Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF)
The new sector alliance will launch on the morning of February 10 with a virtual industry event.