Procast to deliver stand-out refurbishment for Hibs
Hibernian FC has signed up Procast to deliver a crowd-pleasing upgrade to the West Stand at its Easter Road stadium in Edinburgh.
The refurbishment will affect the hospitality area, which sits between the two tiers of the structure and it will commence this month with a tight completion date in July, prior to the start of the new football season.
The project will involve:
- A large volume of down-takings/strip-out works
- The supply and installation of manufactured joinery items including bars, servery areas, fixed seating and loose furniture
- Strip-out of all bathroom fittings and the formation of new and adaptation of existing facilities
- Replacement of all IPS panels (concealing ducting and piping), cubicles, vanity units and sanitary ware
- Removal of several partitions and replacement with new ones
- New kitchen facilities
- New hygienic wall cladding to kitchen areas
- Electrical installations, including lighting and new feature lighting
- Alterations to existing fire alarm and emergency lighting installations
- Mechanical and ventilation installations
- Floor coverings throughout
- Full redecoration
- New signage and graphics
Due to the nature and scale of the project, Procast will have two site teams operating collaboratively within different levels of the West Stand, each working to a robust construction programme to ensure the new facilities are delivered on time for the forthcoming football season.
The group have undertaken a full procurement process to ensure all materials required can be delivered on time to suit the works programme.
Operationally, the project will be headed up by contracts manager Gary Baxter and commercially led by commercial manager John Kane, who will be aided by assistant quantity surveyor Beth Dougan and buyer Jennifer Strain.
The end result of the project will see Hibs’ hospitality offering double from two “spaces” to four at different price points for supporters.
A Procast spokesman said: “We are absolutely delighted to have secured this exciting project to deliver refreshed and fantastically designed hospitality areas within the West Stand of Easter Road stadium for Hibernian Football Club as this fantastic and innovative club approach the celebration of their 150th year anniversary in 2025.
“All works are being carried out over the close season, so the whole club can enjoy the new facilities in the upcoming 2022/2023 season.
“As well as working in partnership with Hibernian FC, we will continue our great relationship with the team at 442 Design Ltd and our manufactured joinery partner BJM Design Ltd who both have excellent track records with projects of this scale.
“We as a business will ensure we deliver this refurbishment programme, on time, on budget and to the client and end users’ ultimate satisfaction.”
Hibernian FC commercial director Greg McEwan added: “These state-of-the-art new spaces will vastly improve the match day experience for Hibernian supporters and we are looking forward to seeing this new and exciting project come to life.”