Shortlist unveiled for 2019 FutureTown Design Competition
Scotland’s Towns Partnership (STP) has unveiled an eight-strong shortlist for its annual FutureTown Design Competition.
Now in its fifth year, the competition is aimed at stimulating conversations, provoking ideas and encouraging new approaches to highlight what our towns could look like now and in the future.
The FTDC is organised by national towns agency Scotland’s Towns Partnership, and Threesixty Architecture is competition partners for 2019.
The winning entry, decided by a public vote, is showcased at STP’s annual Towns Tea Party event, with the entrants invited to present their idea to an audience of policy-makers and those from across sectors involved in supporting towns.
FTDC 2019 shortlist:
- Alloa: Living Alloa
- Crail: The Jewel of the East Neuk
- Castle Terrace (Edinburgh): From Parking Space to Public Space
- Dennistoun (Glasgow): Retro-Fitting an Urban Green Space
- Inverness: Coisich-nis
- Inverness High Street
- Kirkintilloch’s Giant Phone Box
- Milngavie: The Walking and Cycling Town
Voting is open now and closes at 9am on November 25.