Inverurie Community Campus reaches financial close milestone
Construction of the facility, which will replace the existing Inverurie Academy, will be led by hub North Scotland after it was appointed as development partner by Aberdeenshire Council.
Robertson Construction has been appointed as the projects main contractor with FES FM as the facilities FM Service provider.
On completion, the new Community Campus will provide:
- Replacement of the existing Inverurie Academy, Inverurie Swimming Pool and Garioch Community Centre on the existing site which will provide state of the art teaching accommodation for 1600 learners;
- New accommodation for the existing St Andrews Special School with dedicated external teaching space;
- Community accommodation including a 6 lane swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, training pool, dry sports facilities, community cafe, and access to shared Campus spaces;
- External facilities including an all-weather pitch, MUGA and external play area;
- Car and bus parking together with demolition of existing facilities.
Preparatory work has already commenced on site, with full construction works now set to follow the first phase of the new facility is due to be completed early 2020.