CIOB awards celebrate champions behind Scotland’s built environment
The stars behind Scotland’s built environment took centre stage at a glittering ceremony in Glasgow last week.
Construction industry leaders from around the country came together at the annual Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Scotland Awards.
Seven of Scotland’s finest built environment professionals were awarded for their contribution towards the industry at the celebratory lunch hosted at Hilton Doubletree.
Overseeing the award ceremony were representatives from Gold sponsors Contract Scotland and Competence Matters as well as all of the Silver sponsors.
The winners were:
- Project Manager of the Year Award – James Wilson MCIOB
- Site Manager of the Year Award - Iain MacLaren
- Project Professional Award – Gerard Conwell MCIOB
- Graduate of the Year Award – Gavin Wyatt
- Construction Innovation Leader Award – Jamie Brown MCIOB
- Trailblazer of the Year Award – Calhan Butter
- Open Award (CIOB Family) – Brian Gallacher FCIOB
Caroline Gumble, CEO of CIOB, said: “Many congratulations to all our winners. I was very impressed with the line-up of finalists and those who have gone on to win a CIOB Scotland Award are truly worthy winners.
“I am delighted that we have been able to showcase so many examples of excellence in construction and I applaud all our winners for their hard work, commitment, and many achievements.”