Maxi starts work on first CCS Framework contract for West Lothian College
Maxi Construction has started work on a mezzanine level extension to the existing Skills Centre for West Lothian College in Livingston.
This is the company’s first contract award via the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Construction Works and Associated Services Framework.
The works include:
- Construction of a new composite insitu concrete/metal deck mezzanine floor, supported on cellular steelwork beams, within the Skills Centre building
- Construction of a new link corridor from the existing building at first floor level
- Installation of a new materials lift
- Provision of a new external fire escape stair
- Mechanical and electrical services
John Aitchison, Maxi Construction’s managing director, said: “We are delighted to be delivering this project for West Lothian College, working with the project team and providing valued community benefits. With this being our first CCS Framework contract we hope it will be the first of many.”
The project team includes contracts administrator/project manager Campbell Martin Associates and structural engineer/principal designer Indev Consult Ltd.
Maxi Construction was appointed to Lot 1.1.4 of the CCS Construction Works Framework for Building Works and Minor Associated Civil Engineering Works and Services up to £3m throughout Scotland.