The company achieved the award for implementing various renewable energy technologies and taking business decisions that have improved environmental impact and reducing travel carbon footprint of its organisation.
Sibbald was recognised for:
- Reducing travel carbon by creation of satellite sites for training purposes, preventing its client base from travelling to Sibbald main centres
- Its wind powered turbine generator which is used to charge electric vehicle flee vehicle charging point open to the public
- Providing electric vehicles for staff use
- Achieving total vehicle fleet kgCo2e reductions since 2015
– Overall company kgCo2e reductions = 31,202
– kgCo2e per employee = 891
– Economic Benefit (savings) = £7830
Sibbald Ltd was also one of the finalists in the VIBES Management Award which recognises businesses whose management systems deliver continuous improvement in environmental performance.
The category is aimed at businesses that are taking a holistic approach to environmental improvement and can demonstrate the associated economic and social benefits that have been achieved.