Architects’ Showcase: Clydesdale Community Hub by Grant Murray Architects
In the run up to the Scottish Property Awards on March 25, SCN will highlight shortlisted entries in the two Architectural Excellence Award categories in its new Architects’ Showcase feature.
Architectural Excellence Award (Commercial Use)
Clydesdale Community Hub, South Lanarkshire; Grant Murray Architects
The Clydesdale Community Hub presented a rare opportunity to contribute to the historic town centre of Lanark. The building houses new offices for Clydesdale Housing Association, community spaces available to the public and housing for social rent.
The three parts to the project work in conjunction to make the most efficient use of the site and maximise available funding to the client. In the heart of the Lanark Conservation Area the design was driven by a desire to integrate the building into the identity of the area, offering a modern yet sympathetic addition to the town.
The full shortlist includes:
- Clydesdale Community Hub, South Lanarkshire; Grant Murray Architects
- Ka Pao Restaurant, Glasgow; Mosaic Architecture & Design
- Rutherglen Links Office Pavilions, Glasgow; Keppie Design
The finalists in the Architectural Excellence Award (Public Use) category are as follows:
- Elgin and Appin Ward (Stobhill Mental Health Estate), Glasgow; Keppie Design, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde and hub West Scotland
- Forth Valley College, Falkirk Campus; Reiach and Hall Architects
- Gairloch Museum; LDN Architects & Simpson Builders
- Inverurie Community Campus; Halliday Fraser Munro
- The Inverness Justice Centre; Reiach and Hall Architects
- Tullibody South Campus, Alloa; Keppie Design
To be included in our Architects’ Showcase, simply submit up to 350 words describing your latest project, it’s interesting and innovative features and any challenging or distinctive features to email@example.com.