Architects’ Showcase: Rutherglen Links Office Pavilions by Keppie Design
In the run up to the Scottish Property Awards on March 25, SCN will highlight shortlisted entries in the two Architectural Excellence Award categories in its new Architects’ Showcase feature.
Architectural Excellence Award (Commercial Use)
Rutherglen Links Office Pavilions, Glasgow; Keppie Design
Rutherglen Links Office Pavilions are of the highest Architectural Merit, an exemplar pair of buildings excelling in both placemaking and design quality. They are the final chapter in the regeneration story of this former industrial brownfield site which knit effortlessly into the surrounding area. The simplicity in both the design, well considered detailing and complementary palette of quality materials come together to produce a truly stunning building. The pavilions are a statement of intent, they have the ambition to be here for the long term. A timeless quality to be enjoyed by occupiers and appreciated by the local community.
The full shortlist includes:
- Clydesdale Community Hub, South Lanarkshire; Grant Murray Architects
- Ka Pao Restaurant, Glasgow; Mosaic Architecture & Design
- Rutherglen Links Office Pavilions, Glasgow; Keppie Design
The finalists in the Architectural Excellence Award (Public Use) category are as follows:
- Elgin and Appin Ward (Stobhill Mental Health Estate), Glasgow; Keppie Design, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde and hub West Scotland
- Forth Valley College, Falkirk Campus; Reiach and Hall Architects
- Gairloch Museum; LDN Architects & Simpson Builders
- Inverurie Community Campus; Halliday Fraser Munro
- The Inverness Justice Centre; Reiach and Hall Architects
- Tullibody South Campus, Alloa; Keppie Design
To be included in our Architects’ Showcase, simply submit up to 350 words describing your latest project, it’s interesting and innovative features and any challenging or distinctive features to email@example.com.